A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy culture press releases from PR Newswire, including Diddy’s new e-commerce site for supporting Black businesses.
NEW YORK, July 14, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering different cultural groups stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Sean “Diddy” Combs Officially Launches Empower Global, a Curated Online Marketplace for Black Businesses
The platform provides Black businesses a broader audience reach and empowers consumers to shop the best Black-owned brands in beauty, fashion, art and lifestyle.
- adidas Earns the First GAMUT Seal of Approval™ with the Launch of an Adaptive Backpack Made with and for People with Disabilities
GAMUT developed this accreditation in response to feedback questioning the authenticity of brands entering the Adaptive space and to reassure consumers that a stringent set of requirements developed by experts in the disability space have been met.
- Youth of Color Grapple with Online Bullying and Lack of Representation: The AAKOMA Project Sheds Light
The report highlights rarely reported insights for marginalized youth and young adults and shows that online bullying is a staggering issue, with race being the most reported factor in online bullying behaviors.
- Enterprise Holdings ROAD Forward Grants Help Advance Social and Racial Equity in More Than 400 Communities
Enterprise Holdings Foundation President Carolyn Kindle said, “From supporting social and mental health within at-risk communities, to promoting equity and opportunity for minority business owners, to empowering students from low-income backgrounds to pursue higher education, we’re proud to champion hundreds of exceptional organizations as they continue to grow their positive impact.”
- Gallaudet University to Honor 23 Black Deaf Students, Four Black Teachers and Their Descendants From 1950s-era Segregated Kendall School Division II for Negroes
At this graduation ceremony, the students and their descendants will receive high school diplomas conferred by Gallaudet’s Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center. This event, hosted by Gallaudet’s Center for Black Deaf Studies, is a significant part of Gallaudet University’s ongoing commitment to acknowledge and own its past racial and educational injustices.
- Three-Quarters of Women Around the World Want to see Action to Lift the Second Glass Ceiling
The research finds that 73% of women say experienced female mentors can benefit the development of younger women, yet 42% say it remains uncommon to see women in leadership roles, and a similar number have themselves lacked the opportunity to learn from such mentors.
- ES Gaming Announces Partnership with Oxygen Esports to Enhance Inclusion and Accessibility for 46M Disabled Gamers in the U.S.
There are 46 million gamers in the United States with at least one disability according to 3 Play Media. Yet representation and acceptance of disabled gamers continues to be a struggle.
- NHC Summer Institute on Teaching African American Studies Focuses on the Perspectives of Women
Institute participants, selected from schools across the US, will engage with African American women’s literature and poetry, primary sources, and the historical record to better understand the experiences and contributions of Black women and to effectively deploy that understanding with their students.
- 17th Annual Conference of African American Financial Professionals to Focus on Reclaiming Black Wealth
This year’s expansive agenda will reinforce and elevate the conversation around how the financial services industry can inspire Black professionals and promote the advancement of all underserved communities through education and empowerment, as we seek to narrow the wealth gap and create sustainable, generational change.
- New Altrata Report Reveals Accelerating Gender Diversity on Boards and in the C-suite
This new report highlights that while progress is being made, gender parity at senior levels remains a distant goal. Only 20% of leadership positions at the corporations that make up the major indices of the Global 20 are occupied by women.
- Las Vegas Sands and the Thurgood Marshall College Fund Announce the Inaugural Sands Hospitality Immersion Program
“Our goal for this program is twofold: to encourage the best and brightest students in all disciplines to consider hospitality as a career path and to ensure our industry cultivates a diverse and inclusive workforce that provides opportunities for people from all backgrounds and communities,” said Ron Reese, who spearheads corporate responsibility initiatives at Sands.
Read more of the latest culture-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNmltcult on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-people–culture-news-11-stories-you-need-to-see-301877202.html
Images courtesy of https://pixabay.com